New syntax document?

Editor
Feb 11, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to switch to using the new syntax before moving on, but I can't seem to find a document telling me exactly how it works, the way the "Documentation" tab up there worked when I first started with VCC. Using the tutorial for that is kind of alright, but it's taking me forever to find anything in it, as it's not indexed, or sectioned by feature. Is there anything that could help me transition smoothly without starting again from the bottom of the learning curve?

Cheers,
Francois

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Hi,

unfortunately, there's no comprehensive, up-to-date info w.r.t. the currently implemented state. There is some almost up-to-date documentation in the vcc\Docs\SyntaxUpdate directory of the source code (-> http://vcc.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets), though.

If you have some file in the old VCC syntax that you would like to convert, I'd suggest to try VccSyntaxConverter.exe from the installation, which is pretty complete and also up-to-date. Calling "VccSyntaxConverter input.c" should generate a new file "input.c.out" in the new syntax.

Hope this helps, Mark

Editor
Feb 11, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Thanks, Mark.

I was really more interested in learning how to write specs directly in the new syntax, but I guess I can always use the converter to learn incrementally.

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 5:56 PM

The tutorial uses the new syntax. Maybe that helps?

Michal