VCC code coverage; unit tests

Aug 12, 2010 at 7:37 AM
Hi all, I'm currently investigating some code coverage properties of VCC wrt. certain test cases. I've seen that there is a module "Coverage" in the VCC sources -- before reinventing the wheel, I wanted to ask whether there is any information available how to run this unit test to gain coverage results. (I'm asking because I had some problems VCC not finding the directories containing the test files, so I added those as DeploymentItem -- but I guess there is a better way to get this test running) To get coverage results from unit tests, Visual Studio Professional won't do, one has to get the Test Edition, right? Thanks, Thorsten
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Hi Thorsten,

the testrun configuration file (which controls the deployment of the test files) had not been converted to VS2010. I have fixed this now. As for the version of VS required to get the coverage information - I have no idea.

If you find something interesting during your tests of VCC, please let us know.

Stephan

Aug 12, 2010 at 9:32 AM
Hi Stephan, thank you for the immediate fix -- works fine now with my installation of VS2010! In addition, VS2010 kindly told me that I'd need the "Premium" or "Ultimate" edition to get coverage results, which I'll give a try now. As soon as I have some interesting results I'll let you know. Best regards, Thorsten