Where is VerifiedAssembler/Vx86

Oct 10, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I have installed the latest msi but I couldn't find Vx86 application in the installation folder. Also I tried to compile VerifiedAssembler assembler project with VS2010, but it couldn't even convert the project. After some manual fixing I was able to open the project, run lex/yacc, but still there were to many errors and after some time fixing I gave up. Also I cannot find assembler.h include file which supposed to be included in the c file to make the asm-in-c-simulation work. Can anybody help me? I'm just trying to convert some assembler to c.

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Dear vmu,

sorry for being quiet for so long - I had been on vacation. I will look into this issue and revive the x64 assembler verifyer. There is one problem, though, which is that the assembler.h, which you will need, is not owned by us at Microsoft. It has been written by Ulan Degenbaev for the University of Saarbruecken. We have to figure out license and contributer issues before we can add his code to the VCC release. If you want, I can get you in touch with him to see if he is willing to give you a copy. Please send me a mail at stephan.tobies [at] microsoft.com .

Cheers

Stephan

Oct 30, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Hello Stephan,

Thank you for your reply.

I have just sent you an email.