How to activate new syntax?

Jan 26, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Hello,

due to a bug in the VS plugin (http://vcc.codeplex.com/workitem/6113), I'm unable to access Verify->Settings. Is there another way to activate the new syntax, apart from using VCC from the command line?

Boris

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Edited Jan 26, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Not really... :-(

But it seems that the problem with the dialog is related to your DPI settings on your machine. Try and revert to the standat 96dpi and see if that helps. I will fix the problem in a future release.

Stephan

Editor
Jan 26, 2011 at 11:11 AM
stobies wrote:

When I right-click on VCC source code in VS, I get a "Custom verify file..." menu option that lets me give custom command line arguments without actually having to run VCC from the command-line. Surely this can be used until you have the time to fix the plugin? If I remember correctly, the command-line options are even saved between uses of that menu option.

Francois

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:10 AM
stobies wrote:

But it seems that the problem with the dialog is related to your DPI settings on your machine. Try and revert to the standat 96dpi and see if that helps. I will fix the problem in a future release.

Stephan

This works. Thanks.

Boris

Jan 28, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Now that I have activated the new syntax, new questions have arisen:

• Can and if, how, several specifications be combined with logical operators within _(...) ? I noticed that _(writes a && writes b) doesn't work.
  • Is expose available? It seems that _expose(This) {...} doesn't work.

Boris

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Hi Boris,

_(writes A, B) should work and _(unwrapping this) { ... } is the new syntax for expose.

Stephan