This project is read-only.

object reference not set to an instance of an object

May 1, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I am getting this dialog box error whenever I try to verify a program using VCC from Visual Studio 2010. Even after trying re-installing Visual Studio and even re-installing Windows 7 I could not get rid of this error.

Any idea?

May 1, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Though I am able to verify using command line.

May 1, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Do you have some more information? E.g., a stack trace? Do you get the same problem when you copy the VCC command line from the VS2010 output window and run the same command line from the shell?

Stephan

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:33 PM
Edited Nov 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Hi Stephan,

Stumbled on this thread while looking for something else, and I can actually give you an answer: this message arises when you try to verify from VS a file that is not part of the current solution/project.
For example, if your project has external include files and you try to check that their annotations parse, you'll get that error dialog. A simple work around is to have a "dummy.h" file in your project in which you include the desired one to run verification, but it's kind of a pain.

Anyhow, hope this helps.
Cheers,
Francois

Edit: Sorry. Didn't think too much about the fact that it was going to resurrect an old thread. I guess the bug is still there, anyway, right?